New York City, Melbourne · Contract
GetSwift is a fast-growing, cloud-based delivery and logistics SaaS, that enables business owners to automatically dispatch like Uber, track like Dominos, optimise routes like FedEx, as well as manage the delivery of goods and mobile workforces.
The company is well-funded (recently closed a $24M round) and listed on the ASX in 2016. Our software is used in 65 countries and across 60+ industries, and our clients include companies like Pizza Hut, Little Caesars Pizza, Lion Nathan, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Mitre10, Just Eat, and Red Rooster to name a few.
We're not just looking for a senior engineer, we're looking for someone who is prepared to get involved, bring in fresh ideas, and is enthusiastic about working alongside us to build high quality, high performance software. We pride ourselves on having the most stable, secure, and scalable software on the market, and your success will directly correspond to your ability to take our architectural design and performance to the next level!
Can you handle it? Can you pass the interview and code test? Ready to start right away? So are we - our hiring process is fast, nimble and to the point. After interviewing you we will let you know within days if you got the gig - no drawn out dramas or silence from us! Let's get this party started:
SOME OF THE PROJECTS YOU WOULD BE WORKING ON ARE:
- Connecting partner platforms to the GetSwift platform using the GetSwift API
- Enhancing our current cloud-based microservices architecture
SOME SKILLS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR JOB EASIER:
We're hiring at all levels of the stack, but we'd be particularly interested in full-stack engineers. The main requirement is that you're self-motivated and able to learn quickly. Please let us know your experience with the following, being strong in any of these areas will help you stand out:
- Experience scaling high-volume, distributed applications with hard real-time requirements
- Comfortable learning new stacks
- C# (functional style, dependency injection, SOLID etc)
- AWS and cloud in general
- CI, build pipelines, docker, kubernetes, etc
- Test automation
We offer a very competitive salary package (they all say that), a great work environment (we mean it), and the opportunity to work for a successful software company with an entrepreneurial culture. Our experienced and agile team members are keen to work with you to create a cutting-edge product. But above all else we offer you new experiences, the ability to pick up new skills along with freedom and respect!
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN YOUR APPLICATION MAKE SURE YOU:
- Actually have read the full advert
- Put some thought into your cover letter. If it's a form letter it will be identified right away. Beware our mighty screening algorithm! They are a human being so try to be creative.
- Already have the right to work in Australia;
- Please let us know:
- Who you are and why you think you fit the requirements - bonus points for thinking out of the box
- Why this role interests you
- Github account or any other publicly available code
- What can you do for us and what can we do for you?
- An indication of the salary package you are looking for and
- How we can help you grow
Respect, freedom, and knowledge - work with some of the best global talent around.
- The gift of time! Promotions, raises, etc based on outcomes not tenure.
- End of year bonuses
- Employee share options
- Travel - exceed your yearly goals, get a trip to Hawaii or Bali for a week. We will even throw in some spending money, so you can do it in style.
- Being able to kick some serious gluteus maximus and be proud of it
- Computer, monitors, and any other gear that may be needed
- Our secure office in the Melbourne CBD is close to great public transport, and is clean, sunny, temperature controlled.
- Did we mention we are foodies? Yeah we love going out as a team after serious wins and enjoying some amazing dining.
- Seeing your product deployed globally with some of the largest brands
Please send your resume and cover letter to apply for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org