NEW YORK CITY · FULL TIME
New York City, US Only
Are you bored? Is management where you are currently working too focused on politics and power games and not results? Are they threatened by your drive, intellect and ways of looking at things differently? Do you find yourself being able to do something in 1 hour that takes most people 3? Then do we have a role for you! This is not a 9-5 job - this is a career opportunity to make your mark not only in Australia but also in the USA and Europe where the company is currently operating and expanding. We don't believe in excuses or wingeing. The company values are driven by the unrelenting passion and emphasis on customer service, problem solving and results that can be backed by data. You will need to park your ego at the door like we all do, and have the strength of character to backup your views with outcomes. The company encourages fast growth not by the length of time you are in any specific role, but by sustainable results and personal accountability. Can you handle it? Does this excite or intrigue you? Are you willing to shake off the shackles that hold you back? If the answer is yes..read on.
We are a fast growing, complex online logistics/delivery tracking and management software company that enables business owners to automatically dispatch like Uber, track like Dominos, optimise routes like FedEx as well as manage the delivery of goods and mobile workforces.
The company is well funded and listed on the ASX in 2016. We also recently won 1st prize for the Australia-Pacific OzApps award among other accolades….but enough about us. This is all about you….
We're not just looking for a data scientist, we're looking for someone who is prepared to go above and beyond to mine the data to uncover the secrets it holds. The company is also in the process of evaluating acquisition targets so there is an opportunity to learn this sector and participate as part of technical/product M&A team in terms of analyzing the opportunity and reporting to us. You will need to have the right drive, motivation and hunger for success above all else. Your success will directly correspond to your ability to understand data trends and how accurate your predictive modeling is.
- Data analysis and reporting
- Creative solving of optimization problems
- Developing predictive models for various operations and technical functions
- Crafting machine learning based tools and processes within the company
- Discovering the information hidden in our vast amounts of data and analytics
- Performing data mining and statistical analyses
- Reporting to senior leadership on trends, predictions, and forecasts
- Enhancing data collection and analytics
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and tracking of performance over time
SOME SKILLS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR JOB EASIER:
- 3+ years of commercial/academic experience in solving optimization problems
- Commercial experience of implementing models in production
- Experience with predictive modeling and being able to incorporate defined scope criteria into existing models
- Experience working with both structured and unstructured data sets
- MSc or PhD preferably in Operations Research, Machine Learning or related quantitative field
- Creativity and capability to work with our senior leadership to structure a project from idea to experimentation to prototype to implementation
- Strong skills to communicate with business departments to analyse processes and gather constraints for optimisation problems
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (object oriented and/or functional)
- Extremely curious and eager to learn, with a hunger for seeing new products launched
- Structured, analytical yet outside the box thinker, able to identify and apply relevant tools and methods from different fields to our specific needs
- Business oriented mindset, with a genuine interest for the tech industry
- Familiarity with SAS, .NET, C#, R, Python, Java, Perl, C+, SQL, Hadoop
WANT TO TRAVEL AND WORK WITH OUR OVERSEAS PARTNERS? FAST TRACK WITH NICE TO HAVES:
Familiar with SaaS ecosystems
History of interacting with a team of designers & engineers without pissing them off
We offer a competitive salary package (they all say that), a great work environment (we mean it), and the opportunity to travel and be part of a team with an entrepreneurial culture. But above all else we offer you new experiences, the ability to pick up new skills along with freedom and respect!
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN YOUR APPLICATION MAKE SURE YOU:
Actually have read the full advert - put some thought into your cover letter. If it's a form letter it will be identified right away. Beware our mighty screening algorithm! They are a human being so try to be creative.
Already have the right to work in the United States;
Please let us know:
who you are and why you think you fit the requirements - bonus points for thinking out of the box;
why this role interests you;
what can you do for us and what can we do for you?;
an indication of the package you are looking for and
name 3 movies that influenced you and why.
Respect, freedom, and knowledge - work with some of the best global talent around.
The gift of time! Promotions, raises, etc based on outcomes not tenure.
Travel - exceed your yearly goals, get a trip to Hawaii for a week. We will even throw in some spending money, so you can do it in style.
Being able to kick some serious gluteus maximus and be proud of it
Laptop Computer, phone, and the other goodies that may be needed
Our secure office in the Melbourne CBD is close to great public transport, is clean, sunny, temperature controlled, and you can still get to wear and nurture your ‘personal look’.
- Did we mention we are foodies? Yeah we love going out as a team after serious wins and enjoying some amazing dining.
Apply today by sending your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org