GetSwift enables you to send automated alerts and live tracking to your customer so they are always informed where their order is. We also give you the ability to customize your SMS alert messages and upload your company logo so your customer has the full white labelled experience with your brand.
SMS alerts under 160 characters in length are free within the US and Canada. In US and Canada, SMS alerts over 160 characters are charged at USD $0.20 for every additional 160 characters in length.
For SMS pricing in other countries, please contact us through the chat support for additional information.
How to send customer alerts
Step 1: To set up customer alerts, go to the Alerts page in your portal
Step 2: Choose which event in the order process will trigger the alert, you can choose from:
- New job - when a job is entered into GetSwift
- Job accepted by driver - when driver presses "Accept" button for a job
- Job en route - when a driver presses "On Way" button for a job
- Job completed - when driver presses "Complete" button for a job
- Job cancelled - when dispatcher cancels a job or job is auto-cancelled
Step 3: Choose which communication channel you want to use to alert your customer
- SMS - text message will be sent
- Email - email will be sent
- Webhooks - alert will be sent to your website (please contact us to set this up)
- SMS with Email Fallback - text message will be sent, but if it fails, then email will be sent
- SMS + Email - both text message and email will be sent
Step 4: If you are sending SMS, you can edit the message that is sent
- We currently do not have the ability to edit the standard emails
- You can also add tags that will insert dynamic information into the SMS, such as a tracking link, feedback link, or estimated delivery time (see screenshot below)
- For more detailed instructions, please see the instructions for the tracking link and the feedback link
Step 5: If you are outside US and Canada, you can a display name for your SMS messages. Use the "SMS sender id" field to type in a max of 11 alphanumeric characters
- This feature does not work in US and Canada and your messages will fail to send if this field is filled in
Step 6: Click the "Update" button at the bottom of the page to save your changes