Denver, Colorado or New York, New York
The Director of Product Development is directly responsible for the development and the promotion of a competitive product-line of technology-focused products for all of the Company’s businesses. This position is responsible for corporate strategic direction for software development targeted at revenue generation. Provides Counsel to the executive team on application direction to be competitive logistics, the last mile delivery, and dispatching/scheduling systems. Key responsibilities also include creation and delivery of corporate functionality roadmaps based on competitive analysis with an outstanding depth of knowledge within our industry. The Director is involved in every aspect and every stage of bringing a new product to market. The position is also responsible for assisting the CTO plan necessary technology and infrastructure projects and expenditures to meet the competitive advisor marketplace by managing directly and indirectly all resources necessary to meet the demand of internal and external software development and business process needs of GetSwift. The Director will also manage product managers and business analysts to provide key business requirements to drive software development derived for your vision,
• Participates in product/sales/exec meetings to lead product functionality roadmap discussions and assist executive team with building future strategic direction.
• Gathers input from CTO, CSO, CEO, President, and sales team to execute an ideation process to define functionality and features for our platforms.
• Manages support on enhancement needs of the enterprise clients.
Senior Management functions
• Advises CTO on strategic planning, budget allocations based on future directions, and counsel as the application expert to drive strategic thinking to produce competitive products.
• Surveys and reports on marketplace competitive landscape, recommends vendor relationships to drive partnerships for application integration and overall guidance of current and future client needs.
• Participates as key member of CTO’s team for building a new graphical user experience, develop vendor integrations, and design of an open service oriented architecture platform.
Product Development Department functions
• Directs, establishes, maintains, and plans the overall policies and goals for the product development team
• Creates and champions business plans and product requirements for new products and product-based programs
• Coordinates and schedules the entire product launch process
• Creates the prototype of new features to aid in creating requirements and design documents
• Approves the ROI calculation for presentation to the executive committee
• Represents sales and marketing interest during the product development cycle with the design team
• Plays key role in tracking competitive moves, market feedback, and helps determine appropriate positioning and features to sustain competitive advantage in target segments
• Works closely with sales, marketing, customers, IT, and Operations to assure product issues are prioritized and resolved
• Supports the marketing strategy and preparation of promotional materials including presentations, brochures, advertising, and public relations campaigns
• Provides product demonstration and expertise for sales and marketing needs
• Trains sales and service on new products
• Supervises others through training, directing and measuring work, delegating, managing performance, interviewing, hiring, and resolving problems
Must be able to design PowerPoint, Excel spreadsheets and Word documents at the expert level. Must be able to communicate effectively with executive management as well as technical and non-technical employees. Must be able to calculate ROI/IRR for a new product. Expected to have a well-defined ideation process, vision/scope/functional gap skills, and business requirements framework.
A Bachelor’s degree in MIS or business is preferred, but 5 additional years of experience may be substituted for the degree. Must have 12 years’ experience in building products for logistics/delivery industry or in the financial services industry. Experience in IT roles such as product management, application support, quality assurance, and agile development with programmers. Must have 5+ years of Senior Product Management experience in the logistics/delivery industry or financial industry. Must have experience presenting to executive management key strategic initiatives to win resources to drive corporate revenue and overall success of the company.
Discussion and demonstration of any industry product build that netted millions of dollars in revenue to drive companies in the logistics/delivery of fintech industry would be expected in the interview process.
Must interface with various levels of people including clients, executives, and programmers. Must be able to recognize and determine ROI opportunities. Must be able to coordinate the efforts of a team, at times as a product visionary, project manager, and lead teams through product releases. This position requires strong analytical skills involving complex information. Must have strong problem-solving skills to identify root causes and implement problem solutions. Must be able to work with limited guidance and supervision.
Please include your salary requirements with your application.
To apply, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
GetSwift Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BACK TO CAREER OPPORTUNITIES