Denver, Colorado - Tampa, Florida - New York, New York
GetSwift develops cloud-based delivery management software for real-time route optimization and tracking in a smart, simple interface which is used in over 60 countries, 600 cities and in 60+ verticals.
You are one of a kind and…
We WANT you because…
You are a leader. An authority in your field. And a team player!
Communicating with different teams and individuals succinctly is easy peasy for you.
Flexible is your middle name.
You love a good bridge and are a strong structural component who will connect with every department including tech, finance, executive, and administrative.
Are you a magician who can listen, decipher and communicate, whilst pulling an executed agreement out of your pocket?
* Epitomize “Teamwork makes the Dream Work”
* You play every position - M&A, Litigation, HR, IP, Tax, Compliance, Contracts, Keep up with the Joneses and stay on top of competitive services.
* Communicate in, communicate out!
Skills and Qualifications:
* You are an interesting dichotomy; you are bold yet flexible, creative but analytical, a great listener and a smart talker, collaborative but take responsibility and you are humble and hungry.
*You know ASX and ASIC and have worked with publicly listed companies before.
* You’ve got chops, you have experience working with clients and the inhouse teams, and don’t shirk responsibilities.
* You “know people” and have a good EQ intelligence.
* You can do “crazy”, working in the fast-paced demanding environment of a company in an accelerated growth phase.
* You are a winner and exceed expectations.
* Ideal candidates would have previous in-house legal experience as a senior manager in both global and startup environments involving publicly-listed companies, have an aptitude for a fast-paced environment that spans the globe and have a broad understanding of the legal challenges and opportunities that fast growing public companies can encounter.
Looking for a commercial lawyer who would serve as the principal internal counsel, advising the C-suite on all legal matters, coordinating external counsel and representing the firm as necessary.
AUSTRALIAN LAW EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
The general counsel will be responsible for all legal matters of the firm to protect the firm from unnecessary legal risk, including securities compliance, employment law, executive compensation, business agreements, intellectual property, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, sales practices, policy development and compliance and other matters.
The GC will work closely with the C-level team to advise on legal practices and procedures so that business can be conducted efficiently while maintaining the highest levels of compliance with Australian and US securities, stock exchange and other regulatory rules and laws. This is a full-time position at GetSwift’s new Denver offices with the option of reporting at the company’s headquarters location in New York.
As with any growth stage business, the hours can be extensive. Global operations and being listed on the ASX require an ability to supervise and conduct legal activities 24/7.
Law degree from a top-ranked national law school, bar admission, and previous work with a top-ranked law firm are required.
Experience representing growth stage and publicly-listed firms is necessary with experience working with companies listed in Australia a plus.
Good judgment, leadership skills, excellent writing and communications skills, demonstrated negotiating ability and ability to work well in teams are expected.
Candidates must demonstrate integrity and ability to help create an ethical and inclusive culture.
Please submit your salary requirements along with your resume.
To apply, please send resumes to email@example.com
GetSwift Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer