New York City - Full Time
GetSwift is a fast-growing, cloud-based delivery and logistics SaaS, that enables business owners to automatically dispatch like Uber, track like Dominos, optimize routes like FedEx, as well as manage the delivery of goods and mobile workforces.
We are offering a unique opportunity to join a publicly-traded, fast-growing software company, which is the leading e-commerce provider for last-mile delivery. The position is based in New York City.
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will be accountable for the accounting, tax, and financial reporting operations of the company, including the production of periodic financial reports, periodic consolidations, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhancing the accuracy of the company's financial reporting, and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The Controller will be responsible for supervising a bookkeeper(s) along with AP/AR supporting staff.
• Create and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
• Oversee the general controls of the parent company, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit and collections, and cash management.
• Execute the monthly and year end close at the parent level, resulting in timely, accurate, and complete consolidated financial statements.
• Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with public company regulations and requirements.
• Manage outsourced functions, including all audit and tax relationships.
• Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
• Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
• Manage day-to-day accounting activities and supervises staff accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Work with other senior/executive management members to evaluate new business models, markets, contract structures, and expansion opportunities
• Provide support to business groups as it relates to interpretation and application of accounting policy matters.
• Develop and draft new policies; revise existing policies addressing the company's accounting treatment and procedures.
• Maintain database of current policies.
• Special projects as assigned related to accounting and financial reporting matters.
• Support external capital raises and procurement of commercial banking products
• Preparation of annual budget and preparation of forecasts as necessary
• Liaison with payroll department
• Manage AP and ensure timely processing
• Manage AR and ensure timely processing
• Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
• Maintain the chart of accounts
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Maintain a system of controls over all accounting and tax transactions
• Coordination of company audit, preparation of all schedules for auditors, retrieval of all requested information for audit tests, preparation of written financial statement document, coordination of all tax provision calculations. Regular correspondence with external tax
• T&E compliance review
• Manage daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly reporting
• Issue timely and complete financial statements
• Coordinate the preparation of corporate quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements
• Recommend, implement and track benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
• Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
• Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues
• Provide for a system of management cost reports
• Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, capital raises, capital structure optimization, and contract negotiations
• Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
• Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation, ideally a publicly-traded company. Mandatory Sarbanes Oxley (302 and 404) experience. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations, public company experience, and experience with Australia accounting rules. Additional: excel skills, proven operational and managerial skills, unfazed by the challenges of developing systems and processes from scratch. Strong experience in both IFRS and GAAP is a requirement.
Salary: will vary based on a candidate’s experience, but will be commensurate with New York City market comparable compensation for similar roles at growth companies.
Benefits: Offers an attractive benefits package with excellent health care and other services / plans.
Bonus: This role will be eligible to earn an annual cash bonus.
Equity: This role will also be eligible to participate in the employee stock ownership/option program, which is awarded at the discretion of the Board on an annual basis
To apply, please send resumes to email@example.com
GetSwift Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer